grassfrog

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Server Update

The server is still offline as Burstnet's data center migration continues. I test the connection twice an hour but have yet to see any change.

I have tracerouted the IP address to see if the connection is getting to burstnet, and it is (HostNoc is Burstnet), but once to the ISP, it's not getting to the physical machine, indicating that the machine is still unplugged.


I opened a service ticket on the 13th when the outage first occured, but have not heard back from them. I have called their offices several times, but no one answers even when you sit on hold for hours.

This afternoon, I wrote to Burstnet's executive team, requesting information on the outage and an ETA for resolution.

Meanwhile, I have my sysadmin spec'ing a new server to replace this one. The new server will be hosted at a different NOC (for obvious reasons), and is slated to be brought online within the next 2-3 weeks.

For any questions regarding your website, please send an email to grassfrog@gmail.com, or check back here for updates, which I will post as soon as I know more.

Data center outages, while infrequent, do happen. We are all in this together, and I want to thank you for your patience as we work to get this resolved.